PAUMA VALLEY COUNTRY CLUB
SUBJECT: INTERIM DRESS CODE AND CELL PHONE POLICIES
- DRESS CODE
The Dress Code is intended to preserve the culture and traditions of Pauma Valley Country Club while addressing modern standards of golf attire and style. It is binding on all members, their families and guests.
A. GOLF COURSE AND PRACTICE AREAS…
Apparel that is specifically designed as golf attire is acceptable.
MEN: Collared shirts, rainwear, sweaters, turtlenecks, slacks, golf shorts, etc., which are designed for golf and consistent with current golf fashion seen in popular golf publications and sold in pro shops, are permissible. Shirts tails must be worn ‘tucked in’ unless designed to be ‘worn out’. Hats, caps, and visors may be worn outdoors only and bills must face forward. Other than blue denim, tasteful colored denim and jeans (not torn, frayed, etc.) may be worn anywhere at PVCC at all times EXCEPT when “dressy” or special apparel is requested.
WOMEN: Collared Shirts with or without sleeves, sweaters, golf tops and rainwear slacks, skirts, shorts and ‘skorts’, etc, which are designed for golf and consistent with current golf fashion seen in popular golf publications, sold in pro shops, etc., are permissible, etc. Other than blue denim, tasteful colored denim and jeans (not torn, frayed, etc.) may be worn anywhere at PVCC at all times EXCEPT when “dressy” or special apparel is requested.
Unacceptable Golf Attire.
* Athletic, gym, and cycling apparel, tennis, short or running shorts, camouflage or cargo pants or shorts, swim wear, sports jerseys, blue denim, cut-offs, halter tops, bare midriffs, etc.
* Shoes with metal spikes are not permitted at PVCC. Only shoes which have soft spikes or which are spikeless may be worn.
* Changing clothes or shoes anywhere on the PVCC campus or parking lot, except the locker rooms, is not permitted.
B. Clubhouse Attire (includes all rooms and areas of Main Clubhouse
At a minimum, casual attire meeting the above standards for golf attire, well-appointed tennis and fitness apparel, etc. is permitted at all times unless ”Dressy Attire***” or other specific attire is recommended for a special occasion or event. Men’s shirts must be tucked in unless designed to be ‘worn out’. Caps, hats, etc., may not be worn by men in the clubhouse unless there is a medical reason to do so. Tasteful denim and jeans of any color (not torn, frayed, etc.) may be worn anywhere at PVCC, EXCEPT when “dressy” or special apparel is requested.
***DRESSY ATTIRE: For men: suits or slacks and sport coats with ties, turtlenecks, sweaters, etc. Women may wear skirts or slacks, coordinated ensembles, dresses, jackets and other apparel that could be considered “dressy”.
C. Fitness and Tennis/Pickle Ball Attire
Men: Shirts with sleeves, or identified tennis shirts without sleeves, tennis or shorts of a similar style and appearance, warm-ups, sweaters or sweatshirts, etc. may be worn.
Women: Collared and crew shirts, with or without sleeves, tennis and athletic shorts, skirts, slacks, warm-ups, sweaters, sweatshirts, etc. may be worn.
NOTE: Only footwear appropriate to tennis may be worn.
It is the responsibility of each member to ensure that his/her family members and guests observe the Club’s dress code. Club Management and Pro Shop staff are expected to enforce the above policy.
2. MOBILE SMARTPHONE / CELL PHONE USAGE POLICY
As noted in the following, while the limited use of Mobile Phones is permitted in designated areas, their use is generally discouraged at PVCC in consideration of other members. This policy applies to all Members, spouses, dependents and guests. Members are responsible for ensuring adherence by those spouses, dependents and guests.
- Mobile Phones shall be maintained on SILENT or VIBRATE MODE while at the club.
- NON-VERBAL COMMUNICATION IS PERMISSIBLE EVERYWHERE on the club grounds/property so long as such use does not affect pace of play, or is distracting to other members/diners, etc.
- VERBAL COMMUNICATION IS PERMISSIBLE:
- In the parking lots and cottages
- Outside spaces leading from the parking lot to the entrances of the Club
- Offices and Boardroom
- In case of an emergency or to call the Pro Shop/Management
- VERBAL COMMUNICATION IS NOT PERMITTED anywhere else on the property.
VIOLATION OF POLICY: Any Member found violating the policy will be notified by Management, via email or letter, of the infraction. Those who have been found in violation of the policy a second time within a 3-month period will be notified by Management and fined $100. Upon a third violation within a 3-month period the Member will be asked to meet with the Board of Directors. Remedies for multiple violations will be at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors.
Questions/comments may be referred to the General Manager